Founders Camp honours past guests and staff who have contributed to building Londolozi. It is their efforts that have distilled the legacy of the past 40 years into a common mission.
Enchanting and intimate, Londolozi Founders Camp is ideally situated to provide an insider’s view of the secrets of river life. Ten idyllic superior chalets repose in the shade of ancient Ebony and Matumi trees along the banks of the Sand River.
A touch of bush bohemia is how Founders Camp has been described. Swathes of fabrics in soft shades can be found in the riverside lounge and the Founders Family Suites with their interconnecting sky walks, give this camp a young and vibrant energy that appeals to discerning individuals and modern day families.
Also in Founders Camp, one can find the yoga deck, a sanctuary for quiet contemplation, beneath the shade of a 500-year-old ebony tree on the banks of the river, where daily yoga classes are held under the watchful eye of the nyala, bushbuck and monkeys.
6 Quick facts about Londolozi Founders Camp
– Londolozi Founders Camp Rating:
– Emotion Factor:
– Photography Rating:
– Known For: Bush Bohemia;
– Location: Sabi Sands Game Reserve, Kruger National Park
– Price Tier: $$$$
- Elegance and sophistication
- Beautifully designed suites, all with private plunge pools and river views
- Relax on the main deck with glorious views of wildlife moving through the Sand River
- World-class game viewing accompanied by highly trained guides and experienced local wildlife trackers
- Londolozi camps and reserve voted best in Africa by Condé Nast Traveller
Londolozi Founders Camp Reviews
Read what others think about their experience at Londolozi Founders Camp:
“What else can be said that hasn’t already been shared?
This was, without doubt, a memorable experience for a lifetime. The staff, the food, the amenities, the common areas, the rooms with the comfortable bed and linens, stocked minibar, plunge pool, spa, grounds, all add up to create this amazing and incredibly relaxing stay. This is luxury, but not pretentious and stuffy. I was nervous at first that this was the family camp and would be overrun with children (it was not) and not as nice as the other camps that are connected together by a pathway. The Founder’s Camp was incredible and the common areas seemed every bit as nice as the other camps, and they all share the same spa, pool, shops, and of course the safari game drives.
Of course, the daily safari excursions are why you are here, and the staff at Londolozi did not disappoint. Our group of 3 were joined by a group of 2 and we had ample room in the safari vehicle for the morning and evening adventures. Greg and Equalizer combined make an excellent team, ensuring we were comfortable, hilariously entertained, and informed about the flora and fauna as we drove about their private property. We saw all the game you’d expect to see. Morning and evening game drives are an incredible thing, much more than I was anticipating. Experience it for yourself: my review of that would not do it justice.
For a special treat, we were offered sundowners in the bush on our last evening as a surprise. Amy took great care of us with a complete setup, including chairs, drinks, and appetizers somewhere in the bush. A rhino even joined us, and while he was necessarily uninvited he was on his best behavior (but pretty terrifying at one point!).
The meals are excellent, and our porter took care of all of our needs. Great selections of wine! I cannot remember everyone’s name, but every staff member does go above and beyond.
Take time to do the village tour to learn about how it operates by the local guide that works at the shop and on property.
Last tidbit, do go to the spa. I can highly recommend a massage in the spa…and amarula in your coffee for the morning game drive ;-).
Thank you Londolozi!”– FlipperGirl (Trip Advisor)
Londolozi Founders Camp Video
A Touch of Bush Bohemia
Activities Between Game Drives
The camp’s holistic approach to a classic African safari means that there are many things to keep you occupied both in camp and out in the wilderness. Guests can experience game drives, guided bush walks, wellness treatments, stargazing, birdwatching and Shangaan cultural visits or the less energetic can simply curl up with a book from the Camp’s library. The emphasis on sophistication means that you will often meet other interesting and fun guests at at Londolozi Founders Camp.
Many guest activities can be found within a short walk from Founders Camp. These include the Guest Gym, Photographic Studio and Living Boutique as well as the restorative Healing House.
- Daily yoga classes
- Access to the Londolozi Gym
- The Londolozi Village Walk
- Treatments at Londolozi’s Healing House
- Shopping at Londolozi Living Boutique
- Photographic Studio sessions and camera equipment rental (pre-booking recommended for all)
Location of Londolozi Founders Camp
Londolozi Founders Camp is situated in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve bordering the Kruger National Park, South Africa.
Varty Camp on the map in the Sabi Sands
Londolozi Founders Camp Coordinates:
How to Get to Londolozi Founders Camp
Read all about traveling to Londolozi Founders Camp and how to get to the Sabi Sands in general by air and by road.
- Federal Air operates a daily flight from Johannesburg International Airport to Londolozi Airstrip, which is a five-minute drive from Londolozi Founders Camp.
Flights to & from Skukuza Airport
- Experience the heart of the African bush with daily direct flights with Airlink from Johannesburg and Cape Town to Nelspruit KMIA and Skukuza Airport gateway to the Kruger National Park and the private game lodges.
- A short, small aircraft transfer connects you onward to Londolozi’s doorstep on Airlink’s Lodge Link service to the Londolozi Airstrip
- Alternatively a 90 minute road transfer from Skukuza Airport to Londolozi is available on request
Charter Flights & Privately owned aircrafts
- Private charters on request
- Helicopter transfers on request
- Indemnity Form to be completed prior to privately own aircraft arrival
- Complimentary transfers between Londolozi Airstrip and the various camps at Londolozi
- Londolozi is a two and a half hour transfer from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport to Londolozi, available on request.
- 500KM from Johannesburg, an easy six-hour drive on National Roads.
- Take the N12/N4 from Johannesburg to Nelspruit
- Keep right on N4 to bypass Nelspruit city centre
- Take next offramp and follow signs to R40 through Nelspruit to White River
- Keep on R40 from White River to Hazyview
- Please switch off all GPS devices and follow the next points carefully
- Take a right onto R536 from Hazyview towards Paul Kruger Gate
- After turning right onto the R536 at Hazyview proceed 34.6 km
- Turn left onto a tar road sign posted “Newington Gate” and proceed 9km until you reach an obvious four way crossing
- Turn right at the crossroads and proceed 2.4km where the road veers to the left at a sign directing you to Newington Gate
- After veering left at the sign proceed approximately 800m to the gate
- Once you get through Newington Gate Londolozi is well sign posted and should take you 30 min
- When you reach Londolozi look for the Varty Camp sign posts
- The Sabi Sand Wildtuin levies a cash vehicle entrance fee of ZAR280.00 per vehicle and ZAR120.00 per person in the vehicle as well as any individual arriving by air. (subject to change)
- Access by road through Newington Gate ONLY
Useful information before traveling to Londolozi Founders Camp in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve
Included in the Stay
- All meals, teas and coffees daily
- Soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers
- Two game drives daily in open Land Rovers
- Nature walks accompanied by experienced armed rangers
- One group yoga class per day situated at Londolozi Founders Camp
- Fitness Room situated at Londolozi Varty Camp
- Children six years and older are welcome at Londolozi Varty, Founders and Pioneer Camps, no children under the age of 16 at Private Granite Suites & Londolozi Tree Camp, except if exclusive use of the camp is taken
- Children – Cubs Den program
- Transfers to/from Londolozi airstrip to lodge
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
Excluded in the Stay
- Early morning and late afternoon departures – contact reservations
- Healing House treatments
- Telephone calls
- Londolozi Living Boutique purchases
- Photographic Studio rentals and tuition
- Champagne, cognacs, cellar wines, premium brand spirits, cigars & cigarettes
- Transfers to and from the lodge
- Airport taxes or landing fees, where applicable
- Self drive park entrance fee, R280 per vehicle + R120 per person – subject to change without further notice
- Noise impact levy R4 500 for flights landing/departing before 09h00 or after 16h00
- Pilot room R3250 per day, one night only for one pilot (No Guide Rooms)
- Private Vehicles
- Children under the age of sixteen are welcome at Founders Camp.
Londolozi Founders Camp Prices
Price Tier: $$$$$
- 2022 Rates: ZAR 21,945 (Valid from 16 Dec 2021 – 15 December 2022)
- 2023 Rates: ZAR 23,450 (Valid from 16 Dec 2020 – 15 December 2023)
Rates are per person per night sharing. Please note: A single supplement may be applicable.
Book a Classic Safari at Londolozi Founders Camp
We believe in safari as a journey that immerses the senses and awakens the spirit. To have an encounter with wild animals in the African bush is to discover an essential truth about ourselves and our world. For all of us who live the Londolozi feeling, our deepest wish is to give you the chance to experience this for yourself.
I hope you have found all information needed to decide that Londolozi Founders Camp in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve is the perfect place for your next travel adventure.
Please fill in the contact form and one of my team members will get back to you soon.