In every detail and feature from the swimming pools and contemplation decks (salas), the Ralph Lauren inspired decor, plaited leather beds, plush leather sofas, to the beautiful fabrics that echo the sophisticated feeling of Africa, this exclusive camp provides a matchless showcase of excellence. Tree Camp is a celebration of Leopards, Leadwoods and Lanterns.
Londolozi always strives to transcend and redefine the journey into wilderness. At Londolozi Tree Camp, the most stylish family run camp in Africa, guests are given a direct encounter with that vision.
Nestled in the Leadwood tree canopy, this lodge is a sanctuary of elegance and simplicity. Tree Camp is a celebration of over 4 decades of our connections and kinship with the wild free roaming leopards that move through Londolozi.
Nestled in the canopy of a Leadwood and Ebony riverine forest, Londolozi Tree Camp is a sanctuary of serenity, style and simplicity. Throughout Tree Camp, the Ralph Lauren inspired decor offers a matchless showcase of excellence in celebration of Leopards, Leadwoods and Lanterns. Effortlessly merged with the surrounding wilderness, each suite has a spacious bathroom, indoor and outdoor showers, king-sized beds together with a private lounge area, outside sala and plunge pool.
Guests spend lazy afternoons on the Tree Camp deck, as hippos, giraffe and elephants pass in the river below. In the evenings, the camp glows with countless lanterns and rings with laughter and conversation. Tree Camp does not accommodate children under the age of 16, unless guests book the camp exclusively.
6 Quick facts about Londolozi Tree Camp
– Londolozi Tree Camp Rating:
– Emotion Factor:
– Photography Rating:
– Known For: First Relais & Châteaux camp in Africa; Leopards, Leadwoods, Lanterns
– Location: Sabi Sands Game Reserve, Kruger National Park
– Price Tier: $$$$$
- Elegance and sophistication
- Beautifully designed suites, all with private plunge pools and river views
- Relax on the main deck with glorious views of wildlife moving through the Sand River
- World-class game viewing accompanied by highly trained guides and experienced local wildlife trackers
- Londolozi camps and reserve voted best in Africa by Condé Nast Traveller
Londolozi Tree Camp Reviews
Read what others think about their experience at Londolozi Tree Camp:
Simply the Best – our home away from home
“We have just spent a wonderful time at Londolozi. Each time we are blessed to be able to visit we are a little apprehensive leading up to the visit – will it really be as good as we remembered ? It always is. Apart from the most memorable bush and animal/bird sightings; the wonderful lodges; the divine food and drink; and a continuing attention to detail; what sets Londolozi apart from anywhere else we have ever traveled to, and keeps bringing us back Is the people. From top to bottom each person cares – about their guests, their colleagues and the greater community. Everyone is rigorously trained . The trackers and guides made it through tough selection processes and only a small percentage made it through the extensive tracker and guiding courses. Ongoing training is part of the ethos. These guides and trackers are, without exception, people who have a great expertise in all aspects of the bush , a passion and enthusiasm for what they are doing , but more than that they pay great attention to making sure each of their guests has a ‘once in a lifetime ‘ experience .
The camp managers take great care of every guests needs – even the ones they haven’t yet realised they need ( like swapping out a bottle of wine in the minibar because they saw you had a bottle at lunch or dinner that you particularly enjoyed ) . Apart from being available at literally all hours , they spend time planning lovely surprises for their visitors – drinks in the bush to celebrate a birthday ; a special dinner at a secret location as a ‘last night ‘ treat – so much care and love is lavished on every guest.
Senior management is always visible and present as they stop off to welcome guests new to Londolozi and enthusiastically greet return guests ( of whom there are many ) as old friends .
Of course nothing is always completely perfect , and there may on an odd occasion be a little wrinkle here or an issue there – the way they are resolved is the mark of a great company. Guests who make suggestions for improvement will often find their idea has been implemented next time they visit – and they are shown the change with the comment – thanks for suggesting this . Being “feedback ready “ and sorting little things that go wrong – changing your process or tightening up on an operational aspect is one of the hallmarks of an exceptional organisation.
You cannot but leave Londolozi to go home or on the next leg of your travels without your soul being replenished and your heart full of joy.
Special and heartfelt thanks this trip to Jenna , amazing Tree camp manager ( my husband says the best ever ) , Barry and Tshepo as our amazing ranger/tracker team from whom we learnt so much and with whom we had such amazing experiences , Phan our caring butler who always remembers our special likes , the inimitable Will Ford and so many more people who have become friends . JR and I look forward to coming back to our genuinely “home-from-home” as soon as we possibly can .”– Jane (Trip Advisor)
Londolozi Tree Camp Video
The Most Stylish Family Run Camp in Africa
Activities Between Game Drives
The camp’s holistic approach to a classic African safari means that there are many things to keep you occupied both in camp and out in the wilderness. Guests can experience game drives, guided bush walks, wellness treatments, stargazing, birdwatching and Shangaan cultural visits or the less energetic can simply curl up with a book from the Camp’s library. The emphasis on sophistication means that you will often meet other interesting and fun guests at at Londolozi Tree Camp.
Many guest activities can be found within a short walk from Tree Camp. These include the Guest Gym, Photographic Studio and Living Boutique as well as the restorative Healing House.
- Daily yoga classes
- Access to the Londolozi Gym
- The Londolozi Village Walk
- Treatments at Londolozi’s Healing House
- Shopping at Londolozi Living Boutique
- Photographic Studio sessions and camera equipment rental (pre-booking recommended for all)
Location of Londolozi Tree Camp
Londolozi Tree Camp is situated in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve bordering the Kruger National Park, South Africa.
Tree Camp on the map in the Sabi Sands
Londolozi Tree Camp Coordinates:
How to Get to Londolozi Tree Camp
Read all about traveling to Londolozi Tree Camp and how to get to the Sabi Sands in general by air and by road.
- Federal Air operates a daily flight from Johannesburg International Airport to Londolozi Airstrip, which is a five-minute drive from Londolozi Tree Camp.
Flights to & from Skukuza Airport
- Experience the heart of the African bush with daily direct flights with Airlink from Johannesburg and Cape Town to Nelspruit KMIA and Skukuza Airport gateway to the Kruger National Park and the private game lodges.
- A short, small aircraft transfer connects you onward to Londolozi’s doorstep on Airlink’s Lodge Link service to the Londolozi Airstrip
- Alternatively a 90 minute road transfer from Skukuza Airport to Londolozi is available on request
Charter Flights & Privately owned aircrafts
- Private charters on request
- Helicopter transfers on request
- Indemnity Form to be completed prior to privately own aircraft arrival
- Complimentary transfers between Londolozi Airstrip and the various camps at Londolozi
- Londolozi is a two and a half hour transfer from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport to Londolozi, available on request.
- 500KM from Johannesburg, an easy six-hour drive on National Roads.
- Take the N12/N4 from Johannesburg to Nelspruit
- Keep right on N4 to bypass Nelspruit city centre
- Take next offramp and follow signs to R40 through Nelspruit to White River
- Keep on R40 from White River to Hazyview
- Please switch off all GPS devices and follow the next points carefully
- Take a right onto R536 from Hazyview towards Paul Kruger Gate
- After turning right onto the R536 at Hazyview proceed 34.6 km
- Turn left onto a tar road sign posted “Newington Gate” and proceed 9km until you reach an obvious four way crossing
- Turn right at the crossroads and proceed 2.4km where the road veers to the left at a sign directing you to Newington Gate
- After veering left at the sign proceed approximately 800m to the gate
- Once you get through Newington Gate Londolozi is well sign posted and should take you 30 min
- When you reach Londolozi look for the Tree Camp sign posts
- The Sabi Sand Wildtuin levies a cash vehicle entrance fee of ZAR280.00 per vehicle and ZAR120.00 per person in the vehicle as well as any individual arriving by air. (subject to change)
- Access by road through Newington Gate ONLY
Useful information before traveling to Londolozi Tree Camp in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve
Included in the Stay
- All meals, teas and coffees daily
- Soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers
- Two game drives daily in open Land Rovers
- Nature walks accompanied by experienced armed rangers
- One group yoga class per day situated at Londolozi Founders Camp
- Fitness Room situated at Londolozi Varty Camp
- Children six years and older are welcome at Londolozi Varty, Founders and Pioneer Camps, no children under the age of 16 at Private Granite Suites & Londolozi Tree Camp, except if exclusive use of the camp is taken
- Children – Cubs Den program
- Transfers to/from Londolozi airstrip to lodge
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
Excluded in the Stay
- Early morning and late afternoon departures – contact reservations
- Healing House treatments
- Telephone calls
- Londolozi Living Boutique purchases
- Photographic Studio rentals and tuition
- Champagne, cognacs, cellar wines, premium brand spirits, cigars & cigarettes
- Transfers to and from the lodge
- Airport taxes or landing fees, where applicable
- Self drive park entrance fee, R280 per vehicle + R120 per person – subject to change without further notice
- Noise impact levy R4 500 for flights landing/departing before 09h00 or after 16h00
- Pilot room R3250 per day, one night only for one pilot (No Guide Rooms)
- Private Vehicles
- Children over the age of sixteen are welcome at Tree Camp.
Londolozi Tree Camp Prices
Price Tier: $$$$$
- 2022 Rates: ZAR 31,625 (Valid from 16 Dec 2021 – 15 December 2022)
- 2023 Rates: ZAR 33,950 (Valid from 16 Dec 2020 – 15 December 2023)
Rates are per person per night sharing. Please note: A single supplement may be applicable.
Book a Classic Safari at Londolozi Tree Camp
We believe in safari as a journey that immerses the senses and awakens the spirit. To have an encounter with wild animals in the African bush is to discover an essential truth about ourselves and our world. For all of us who live the Londolozi feeling, our deepest wish is to give you the chance to experience this for yourself.
I hope you have found all information needed to decide that Londolozi Tree Camp in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve is the perfect place for your next travel adventure.
Please fill in the contact form and one of my team members will get back to you soon.