The Private Granite Suites have always been a celebration of elephants and rivers. This beautiful private camp has a spectacular location close to the secrets of river life. And it is a secret, the Private Granite suites are for those who are looking to hide away, cocoon and experience meditative luxury.
Londolozi Private Granite Suites
For us meditative luxury is a celebration of simplicity and a return the way of natural things. The Private Granite Suites are adorned with granite rocks and large floating glass windows where the inside and outside are blurred and one can feel a real space of light, elegance and simplicity. At its heart the Private Granites Suites are the perfect location for time with loved ones, contemplation and rest.
Londolozi’s Private Granite Suites are a celebration of elegance and elephants in a remarkable river setting and offer an extraordinary experience.
The lodge is flanked by an extrusion of granite rocks, an effect echoed by the décor’s bold materials and silver, charcoal and elephant grey palette. The suites convey Africa’s raw essence with a contemporary and elegant flavour. A sunset river bar and sunken cocktail lounge are suspended high above the Sand River, where breeding herds of elephants wander over the ancient river ways.
The Suites blend the boundaries between inside and outside, creating a seamless integration with nature with large doors and windows opening directly onto the Sand River. Each suite has a luxurious outdoor bath and private, heated swimming pool.
This luxury safari lodge is for the discerning traveller who appreciates the finer details.
6 Quick facts about Londolozi Private Granite Suites
– Londolozi Private Granite Suites Rating:
– Emotion Factor:
– Photography Rating:
– Known For: Relais & Châteaux, High Exclusivity, Ultra Luxurious
– Location: Sabi Sands Game Reserve, Kruger National Park
– Price Tier: $$$$$
- Elegance and sophistication
- Beautifully designed suites, all with private plunge pools and river views
- Relax on the main deck with glorious views of wildlife moving through the Sand River
- World-class game viewing accompanied by highly trained guides and experienced local wildlife trackers
- Londolozi camps and reserve voted best in Africa by Condé Nast Traveller
Londolozi Private Granite Suites Reviews
Read what others think about their experience at Londolozi Private Granite Suites:
“My husband and I enjoyed a 7 night stay at Granite Camp with the added luxury of a private vehicle. Granite is already exclusive with just 3 villas to the camp so the choice of a private vehicle meant this holiday was exclusively our own – celebrating our 2021 milestone birthdays, and a delayed celebration of a milestone anniversary from 2020 (thank you Covid). Having stayed at Granite Camp in 2018, and Varty Camp in 2019, we knew we were in for a special week but as is always the case with Londolozi, there are surprises around every corner and expectations are always exceeded.
Led by ranger Patrick and tracker Dorence, we were treated to amazing moments in the bush. Countless leopards (including a still-blue-eyed cub), rhinos having a territorial dispute, plenty of birding including a Secretary Bird (thanks to the unbelievable eyes of Dorence!), lions galore, rhinos having a territorial dispute, elephants, honey badgers (a true highlight), and so much more. We were able to see the partnership of our ranger and tracker team in action time and time again…perhaps the best was Dorence spotting drag marks on a northern boundary road and taking the time to track the leopard into the bush, finding the kill and deciding to come back on the afternoon drive to find the beautiful Piccadilly female and her sub adult cub feeding. To have Dorence and Patrick share a tracking experience from beginning to end with us – explaining the tracks in the road through each step in the decisioning process – was priceless. And we will always remember those huge grins when they tracked the Ntsevu sub adults feeding on the remains of a kill. We enjoyed every moment on the vehicle with Pat and Dorence; and enjoyed the moments off the vehicle as well getting to know them and sharing in their passion of the wildlife.
Granite Camp is a special place – 7+ star service at every moment. Camp Manager Angie and Butler Nomsa made walking on to Granite Deck special at every greeting and we looked forward to seeing them daily. Nomsa was always ready with anything we asked for, remembering the smallest details and always ready with a warm smile and laugh – there is a sparkle in her eyes that is truly contagious. Angie knew exactly how to create the private moments we were looking for, reading between the lines and understanding exactly what we needed before we ever asked. Angie was the constant thread across every experience while we were at Londolozi, tying everything together perfectly – quietly in the background making sure everything was up to her level of perfection as a host. We enjoyed her laughter and stories, and enjoyed the private times too. Angie, there aren’t enough ways for us to say thank you – you will be missed.
Granite Villa 1 is perfect solitude – a plunge pool with waterfall, outdoor shower, covered and sun touched seating. We were treated to elephants daily, and even a male leopard crossing the rocks one morning. All amenities are well thought through – often with gentle reminders of the conservation focus that is Londolozi. Everything you could need is provided and all the things you don’t realize you need are there too. We enjoyed the curated books and artwork and the thoughtful touches of decor throughout.
The food at Granite Camp is beyond exceptional; breakfast, lunch and dinner never disappoint. So many selections, and each balanced just perfectly. I’m not sure I could call out a favorite food during our stay; each meal was a culinary treat worth savoring in that moment.
It was also a joy to connect with people we had met on previous trips. We know the people at Londolozi touch the lives of so many guests day in and day out, so to make us feel like family for the few days we are there each year is the real magic of Londolozi. There is a warmth and genuine heart to the people here which will always bring us back.
There are so many people who touched our lives while at Londolozi for our 8 days, not just the people I highlighted here – each deserves all the praise we can give. There isn’t a moment we could look back on and wish it were better or different except to say we wish we had stayed longer.”– Ballantyne (Trip Advisor)
Londolozi Private Granite Suites Video
A Private River Affair
Activities Between Game Drives
The camp’s holistic approach to a classic African safari means that there are many things to keep you occupied both in camp and out in the wilderness. Guests can experience game drives, guided bush walks, wellness treatments, stargazing, birdwatching and Shangaan cultural visits or the less energetic can simply curl up with a book from the Camp’s library. The emphasis on sophistication means that you will often meet other interesting and fun guests at at Londolozi Private Granite Suites.
Many guest activities can be found within a short walk from the Private Granite Suites. These include the Guest Gym, Photographic Studio and Living Boutique as well as the restorative Healing House.
- Daily yoga classes
- Access to the Londolozi Gym
- The Londolozi Village Walk
- Treatments at Londolozi’s Healing House
- Shopping at Londolozi Living Boutique
- Photographic Studio sessions and camera equipment rental (pre-booking recommended for all)
Location of Londolozi Private Granite Suites
Londolozi Private Granite Suites is situated in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve bordering the Kruger National Park, South Africa.
Private Granite Suites on the map in the Sabi Sands
Londolozi Private Granite Suites Coordinates:
How to Get to Londolozi Private Granite Suites
Read all about traveling to Londolozi Private Granite Suites and how to get to the Sabi Sands in general by air and by road.
- Federal Air operates a daily flight from Johannesburg International Airport to Londolozi Airstrip, which is a five-minute drive from Londolozi Private Granite Suites.
Flights to & from Skukuza Airport
- Experience the heart of the African bush with daily direct flights with Airlink from Johannesburg and Cape Town to Nelspruit KMIA and Skukuza Airport gateway to the Kruger National Park and the private game lodges.
- A short, small aircraft transfer connects you onward to Londolozi’s doorstep on Airlink’s Lodge Link service to the Londolozi Airstrip
- Alternatively a 90 minute road transfer from Skukuza Airport to Londolozi is available on request
Charter Flights & Privately owned aircrafts
- Private charters on request
- Helicopter transfers on request
- Indemnity Form to be completed prior to privately own aircraft arrival
- Complimentary transfers between Londolozi Airstrip and the various camps at Londolozi
- Londolozi is a two and a half hour transfer from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport to Londolozi, available on request.
- 500KM from Johannesburg, an easy six-hour drive on National Roads.
- Take the N12/N4 from Johannesburg to Nelspruit
- Keep right on N4 to bypass Nelspruit city centre
- Take next offramp and follow signs to R40 through Nelspruit to White River
- Keep on R40 from White River to Hazyview
- Please switch off all GPS devices and follow the next points carefully
- Take a right onto R536 from Hazyview towards Paul Kruger Gate
- After turning right onto the R536 at Hazyview proceed 34.6 km
- Turn left onto a tar road sign posted “Newington Gate” and proceed 9km until you reach an obvious four way crossing
- Turn right at the crossroads and proceed 2.4km where the road veers to the left at a sign directing you to Newington Gate
- After veering left at the sign proceed approximately 800m to the gate
- Once you get through Newington Gate Londolozi is well sign posted and should take you 30 min
- When you reach Londolozi look for the Private Granite Suites sign posts
- The Sabi Sand Wildtuin levies a cash vehicle entrance fee of ZAR280.00 per vehicle and ZAR120.00 per person in the vehicle as well as any individual arriving by air. (subject to change)
- Access by road through Newington Gate ONLY
Useful information before traveling to Londolozi Private Granite Suites in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve
Included in the Stay
- All meals, teas and coffees daily
- Soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers
- Two game drives daily in open Land Rovers
- Nature walks accompanied by experienced armed rangers
- One group yoga class per day situated at Londolozi Founders Camp
- Fitness Room situated at Londolozi Varty Camp
- Children six years and older are welcome at Londolozi Varty, Founders and Pioneer Camps, no children under the age of 16 at Private Granite Suites & Londolozi Tree Camp, except if exclusive use of the camp is taken
- Children – Cubs Den program
- Transfers to/from Londolozi airstrip to lodge
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
Excluded in the Stay
- Early morning and late afternoon departures – contact reservations
- Healing House treatments
- Telephone calls
- Londolozi Living Boutique purchases
- Photographic Studio rentals and tuition
- Champagne, cognacs, cellar wines, premium brand spirits, cigars & cigarettes
- Transfers to and from the lodge
- Airport taxes or landing fees, where applicable
- Self drive park entrance fee, R280 per vehicle + R120 per person – subject to change without further notice
- Noise impact levy R4 500 for flights landing/departing before 09h00 or after 16h00
- Pilot room R3250 per day, one night only for one pilot (No Guide Rooms)
- Private Vehicles
- Children over the age of sixteen are welcome at Private Granite Suites unless the camp is booked out exclusively.
Londolozi Private Granite Suites Prices
Price Tier: $$$$$
- 2022 Rates: ZAR 33,495 (Valid from 16 Dec 2021 – 15 December 2022)
- 2023 Rates: ZAR 37,450 (Valid from 16 Dec 2020 – 15 December 2023)
Rates are per person per night sharing. Please note: A single supplement may be applicable.
Book a Classic Safari at Londolozi Private Granite Suites
We believe in safari as a journey that immerses the senses and awakens the spirit. To have an encounter with wild animals in the African bush is to discover an essential truth about ourselves and our world. For all of us who live the Londolozi feeling, our deepest wish is to give you the chance to experience this for yourself.
I hope you have found all information needed to decide that Londolozi Private Granite Suites in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve is the perfect place for your next travel adventure.
Please fill in the contact form and one of my team members will get back to you soon.