Probably the most fascinating keynote I’ve heard at an advisor conference. Where else would you hear from a South African tracker? Tremendous insights into how to build toward purpose and live with intention.
Boyd Varty is a major voice of the new consciousness. He engages audiences across the world on the subject of forging connections in ourselves, in our communities and with the earth. He speaks to those who long for a way of interaction both simpler and more profound than the way most of us live in the world today.
Boyd’s unique combination of wisdom, humor and spirituality makes him a captivating speaker. He keeps diverse audiences in rapt attention and gales of laughter and leaves them moved.
Boyd truly speaks the language of the world’s wild places. He has a way of making you feel that you’re sitting at your campfire at dusk in the depths of Africa and the first lions are beginning to roar.
There’s something that we have called “the Boyd effect”. When Boyd is talking, his audience is both completely captivated and jumping out of their seats to take action to build their village and reconnect with nature. His heart-centred, spiritual approach never fails to connect with people of all backgrounds, uniting them in their common humanity.
We live in a fractured time, cut off from each other in many parts of our lives. Many of us feel a sense of alienation and a longing to get back to nature or to a way of life that feels more authentic. Yet this is also a time of great possibility and opportunity.
I use the medium of storytelling to share a vision for your organisation. This energises individuals in the audience to become part of that vision. My speaking message is both inspirational and informative. I facilitate the building of a “village consciousness” for individuals and organisations and can show you how to build a village that leads to wholeness, purpose, connection and the most effective use of our energies.
To see what keynotes are currently on offer and to book you Boyd for your event, please choose from the KEYNOTES dropdown menu below for more information. Each keynote is approximately 40 minutes with the option of a 20min Q&A session afterwards.
Track Your Life is a storytelling presentation that will take you into the African wilderness with the best animal trackers in the world. Learn the process of tracking and then use the lessons of this ancient art form to begin to track the subtle signs that are guiding you to a life full of meaning, purpose and passion.
In this talk tracker, coach and storyteller Boyd Varty, who grew up in the African wilderness, will teach you how to find the “track” of your own vocation. You will journey into a new landscape, have encounters with creatures and discover an ancient process that will give you a new perspectives and tools to begin to track your right life. It will teach attendees to develop the “energy state” needed to be an effective leader, decision maker and creator. Tracking is an excellent modality for finding a new direction in your business and teams. It will take you into greater performance and into a more joyful medium.
Boyd Varty has a degree in psychology and ecology. He is a storyteller, an author and a life coach. Having spent his life in apprenticeship to the natural world, he now brings what he’s learned to a wider audience. Having grown up at the world renowned Londolozi Game Reserve in South Africa, he was very young when local Shangaan trackers first taught him the ancient art of tracking. Boyd had discovered that the art of tracking is a powerful metaphor that will help organizations, teams and individuals think about adapting to change in modern life.
The talk will connect each individual with a set of tracker tools, and the power of the tracker within. Boyd brings you into a new awareness about how to find what you are looking for in your life right now.
Tracker Tools Takeaways:
- Use your body’s signals as a compass to navigate the uncertain terrain of your life.
- Establish your unique trail and boldly follow it.
- Decipher increasingly subtle signals from yourself and from the environment, allowing you to make faster and finer course corrections along the way.
- Move fluidly between extreme detail and a broad vision for yourself.
- Generate an energy state that is playful, focused, resilient and committed.
- The ability to read the landscape of your body
- To increase your awareness of and sensitivity to the subtlest shifts in the ever-changing, organic environment of business.
- The ability to move fluidly between extreme detail and a broad vision in order to execute rapid outputs.
- The ability to create what you want in the world.
One of the most ancient lessons from Africa is Ubuntu: I am because of you. It is more relevant today than ever before. Boyd Varty will be using the traditional medium of African storytelling to introduce his audience to a deeper understanding of the philosophy of Ubuntu.
The talk leads you in discovering how people- and in fact the whole natural world- can help us to deepen our own humanity. Boyd’s talk shares stories of his time with Nelson Mandela, his experiences in the African bush with his friend and tracker Solly Mhlongo, as well as other encounters at the world renowned Londolozi Game Reserve.
- Information on African philosophies
- A vision for a more collective society
- Tools for modern day village building
- How to create belonging in our societies and within our natural environment
- A greater relationship with our own humanity
- Fun, laughter and heartwarming tales
- The ability to generate an energy state that is focused, resilient and committed, yet also lighthearted and playful.