Set amongst the dappled shade of 500-year-old ebony trees, Londolozi Pioneer Camp is the culmination of five decades of design experience in the safari industry. Pioneer Camp is a symphony of style, bushveld architecture and nature.
Pioneer Camp’s three interconnected luxury suites and generous bush homestead makes this the most secluded and flexible of the Londolozi Camps. The private suites have superb river views and are perfect for honeymoons and secluded getaways. The Camp can easily be converted into a bush homestead for private multi-generational family groups of between 6 and 12 people.
The inspiration for the refreshed look was to weave the Ralph Lauren style into the original safari homestead resulting in the classic layering of signature textures and iconic features which reflect an African heart. Londolozi re-uses, re-engineers and restores the original feeling of an African Safari Camp. Pioneer Camp carries all the elements of authentic bushveld living, clean lines, simple timeless and classic elegance with a touch of crystal.
A sense of history pervades the camp through faithfully restored memorabilia, photographs, leather and a bespoke one-of-a-kind wallpaper that lines the Pioneer Camp bar and tells a story of the lives of safari pioneers from just under a century ago.
6 Quick facts about Londolozi Pioneer Camp
– Londolozi Pioneer Camp Rating:
– Emotion Factor:
– Photography Rating:
– Known For: Private Safari Homestead; Boyd’s Bar
– Location: Sabi Sands Game Reserve, Kruger National Park
– Price Tier: $$$$$
- Elegance and sophistication
- Beautifully designed suites, all with private plunge pools and river views
- Relax on the main deck with glorious views of wildlife moving through the Sand River
- World-class game viewing accompanied by highly trained guides and experienced local wildlife trackers
- Londolozi camps and reserve voted best in Africa by Condé Nast Traveller
Londolozi Pioneer Camp Reviews
Read what others think about their experience at Londolozi Pioneer Camp:
Incredible Experience at Londolozi Pioneer Camp
“If you are looking for an exclusive, personable safari experience. We would 100% recommend Londolozi. We stayed in the Pioneer Camp for 4 nights as a couple, looking for a quite safari get away. It was perfect, there are only three rooms at this lodge and the days are tailored to your needs.
The staff are extremely warm and attentive. The food is an extremely high standard and the rooms are well kept and spacious with a fantastic view. The spa was also brilliant – the hot stone massage is a must!
On our final light the staff organised an incredible sunset dinner in the bush! They had picked up on what we said we liked and created a tailor made meal/drinks for us. It was so special.
The game rides were fantastic, and our ranger and tracker were brilliant. Peter and Bennet were super knowledgable – which made the experience mind blowing. Another bonus is how ethical the camp is.
WOW! It really exceeded our expectations and we would recommend Londolozi.”– Diondra (Trip Advisor)
Londolozi Pioneer Camp Video
A Tribute to Authentic Conservation Safari Pioneers
Activities Between Game Drives
The camp’s holistic approach to a classic African safari means that there are many things to keep you occupied both in camp and out in the wilderness. Guests can experience game drives, guided bush walks, wellness treatments, stargazing, birdwatching and Shangaan cultural visits or the less energetic can simply curl up with a book from the Camp’s library. The emphasis on sophistication means that you will often meet other interesting and fun guests at at Londolozi Pioneer Camp.
Many guest activities can be found within a short walk from Pioneer Camp. These include the Guest Gym, Photographic Studio and Living Boutique as well as the restorative Healing House.
- Daily yoga classes
- Access to the Londolozi Gym
- The Londolozi Village Walk
- Treatments at Londolozi’s Healing House
- Shopping at Londolozi Living Boutique
- Photographic Studio sessions and camera equipment rental (pre-booking recommended for all)
Location of Londolozi Pioneer Camp
Londolozi Pioneer Camp is situated in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve bordering the Kruger National Park, South Africa.
Pioneer Camp on the map in the Sabi Sands
Londolozi Pioneer Camp Coordinates:
How to Get to Londolozi Pioneer Camp
Read all about traveling to Londolozi Pioneer Camp and how to get to the Sabi Sands in general by air and by road.
- Federal Air operates a daily flight from Johannesburg International Airport to Londolozi Airstrip, which is a five-minute drive from Londolozi Tree Camp.
Flights to & from Skukuza Airport
- Experience the heart of the African bush with daily direct flights with Airlink from Johannesburg and Cape Town to Nelspruit KMIA and Skukuza Airport gateway to the Kruger National Park and the private game lodges.
- A short, small aircraft transfer connects you onward to Londolozi’s doorstep on Airlink’s Lodge Link service to the Londolozi Airstrip
- Alternatively a 90 minute road transfer from Skukuza Airport to Londolozi is available on request
Charter Flights & Privately owned aircrafts
- Private charters on request
- Helicopter transfers on request
- Indemnity Form to be completed prior to privately own aircraft arrival
- Complimentary transfers between Londolozi Airstrip and the various camps at Londolozi
- Londolozi is a two and a half hour transfer from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport to Londolozi, available on request.
- 500KM from Johannesburg, an easy six-hour drive on National Roads.
- Take the N12/N4 from Johannesburg to Nelspruit
- Keep right on N4 to bypass Nelspruit city centre
- Take next offramp and follow signs to R40 through Nelspruit to White River
- Keep on R40 from White River to Hazyview
- Please switch off all GPS devices and follow the next points carefully
- Take a right onto R536 from Hazyview towards Paul Kruger Gate
- After turning right onto the R536 at Hazyview proceed 34.6 km
- Turn left onto a tar road sign posted “Newington Gate” and proceed 9km until you reach an obvious four way crossing
- Turn right at the crossroads and proceed 2.4km where the road veers to the left at a sign directing you to Newington Gate
- After veering left at the sign proceed approximately 800m to the gate
- Once you get through Newington Gate Londolozi is well sign posted and should take you 30 min
- When you reach Londolozi look for the Pioneer Camp sign posts
- The Sabi Sand Wildtuin levies a cash vehicle entrance fee of ZAR280.00 per vehicle and ZAR120.00 per person in the vehicle as well as any individual arriving by air. (subject to change)
- Access by road through Newington Gate ONLY
Useful information before traveling to Londolozi Pioneer Camp in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve
Included in the Stay
- All meals, teas and coffees daily
- Soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers
- Two game drives daily in open Land Rovers
- Nature walks accompanied by experienced armed rangers
- One group yoga class per day situated at Londolozi Founders Camp
- Fitness Room situated at Londolozi Varty Camp
- Children six years and older are welcome at Londolozi Varty, Founders and Pioneer Camps, no children under the age of 16 at Private Granite Suites & Londolozi Tree Camp, except if exclusive use of the camp is taken
- Children – Cubs Den program
- Transfers to/from Londolozi airstrip to lodge
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
Excluded in the Stay
- Early morning and late afternoon departures – contact reservations
- Healing House treatments
- Telephone calls
- Londolozi Living Boutique purchases
- Photographic Studio rentals and tuition
- Champagne, cognacs, cellar wines, premium brand spirits, cigars & cigarettes
- Transfers to and from the lodge
- Airport taxes or landing fees, where applicable
- Self drive park entrance fee, R280 per vehicle + R120 per person – subject to change without further notice
- Noise impact levy R4 500 for flights landing/departing before 09h00 or after 16h00
- Pilot room R3250 per day, one night only for one pilot (No Guide Rooms)
- Private Vehicles
- Children under the age of sixteen are welcome at Pioneer Camp if the camp is booked out exclusively or upon request.
Londolozi Pioneer Camp Prices
Price Tier: $$$$$
- 2023 Rates: ZAR 33,950 (Valid from 16 Dec 2022 – 15 December 2023)
- 2024 Rates: ZAR 39,450 (Valid from 16 Dec 2023 – 15 December 2024)
Rates are per person per night sharing. Please note: A single supplement may be applicable.
Book a Classic Safari at Londolozi Pioneer Camp
We believe in safari as a journey that immerses the senses and awakens the spirit. To have an encounter with wild animals in the African bush is to discover an essential truth about ourselves and our world. For all of us who live the Londolozi feeling, our deepest wish is to give you the chance to experience this for yourself.
I hope you have found all information needed to decide that Londolozi Pioneer Camp in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve is the perfect place for your next travel adventure.
Please fill in the contact form and one of my team members will get back to you soon.